Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Today I finished up a baby gift for one of my co-workers. It's a girl and she (my co-worker) decided on pink zebra for her baby's room. I had not originally planned on making her gift, just the card, but when I saw this quilt kit I couldn't pass it up.
Beautiful pink and brown fleece patterns including zebra, pink satin and super soft brown plush fabrics just perfect for a baby girl.

I also made her card. My standard 6x6 with a white base. A medium pink embossed with Cuttlebug swiss dots. I lighter pink shimmer paper with 2 embossed lines along the edges. The baby is a digi stamp from Digi Doodle Shop (check them out), printed on X-Press It paper and colored with copics. The leaves are a Sizix die and the roses are made from Spellbinders Rose Creations and Retro flower punches. I have yet to figure out how to make fitting buds so these were bought along with the white mini flowers. The stick pins were hand made alone with the pearl sprays. I got to play around with a new product for me, Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze in Plumeria. I glazed the dark pink flower along with painting the rattle on the tag. So far I am really liking Glimmer Glazes. I also tried it out on some stamps both digi printed out with my ink jet printer and regular stamped with Memento inks. So far no ink bleeding. They don't seem to be water-based like the sprays and have a little odor that I am having a hard time placing at the moment. Enough for now. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment