Monday, November 29, 2010

Sweet Tooth and cravings!

I have a terrible sweet tooth and my favorite poison is chocolate! Usually it doesn't matter how it's done, candy bar, mocha, ice cream but today I wanted cake. I had a cake mix but no eggs and no oil, not to mention I'd probably eat half when a cupcake would satisfy.  I've Betty Crocker Warm Delights before and they do the trick but again none in my cabnets. What was I to do? I Googled that's what! I found this recipe @ TheGroceryGame.com Teri's message board.
4 Tbs Cake Mix (or brownie mix)
2 Tbs water
1.5 tsp mayo

Microwave in a bowl for ONE minute.

If you want to top with Carmel or Fudge, do it the second you pull it out of the microwave.

Hmmm... mayo? I've heard of mayo cakes before but never had one but after looking further in the posts the reasoning made sense. Mayo is made mostly of eggs and oil, two main ingrediants in cake. I tried it. WOW! I only cooked for 45sec and put 2 Hershey hugs in it. Warm, fudgie, melted white chocolate ozzing out! Everything I wanted and more. My 2 DD had one also. Their comments, "Mom, you have to make this for Santa. He's ganna LOVE IT!" Got to love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment